AVAILABLE: SEPTEMBER - JUNE
Greatest tall ship adventure for young people
Our Youth Explorer Voyage is a week-long voyage for people aged 14-25 with a sense of adventure! Lifelong friendships will be orged as you work together, grow together and have an enormous amount of fun together. You’ll be amazed at what can happen in just 7-days.
No previous sailing experience is required for any Leeuwin Ocean Adventure voyages.
Where do we go?
The Captain will head out of the harbour and pick the best direction for sailing due to wind and weather conditions. Your family and friends can track the ship’s position and follow along at home:
Destinations are also what make the Youth Explorer special: Albany, Bunbury, Busselton, Geraldton or Monkey Mia. (Note: weather conditions will dictate if a shore day is possible).
Who is it for?
Youth Explorer Voyages are designed for young people aged from 14 to 25.
Older participants with a sense of adventure can also apply, but for you we recommend the Open Adventure voyage.
A day on board
We run a working ship, so during the voyage you will be part of a whole heap of activities, including:
- Setting and furling the sails
- Climbing the masts and working aloft
- Standing watch while sailing through the night
Weather conditions, watch roster and ship positioning affects the schedule so there is never a dull moment.
On the last full day of the voyage it’s over to you. Together, you’ll nominate a relief ship’s crew from within your teams – who has shown leadership, team management skills and capability? It could be you. Test your knowledge and skills and work together to chart the ship’s course to a new anchorage.
Getting on board
To join a voyage we will need you to complete the Leeuwin Ocean Adventure personal and medical details form.
To facilitate the processing of your application, here are few important tips:
- Forms are in PDF format and can be filled and sent to us without printing them, using the free Acrobat Reader app: download it here.
- Make sure to download the application form on your desktop, and open it using the free Acrobat Reader, before filling it in. Viewing the form in your browser won’t allow you to sign it off and submit!
- Don’t take and email a photo of your application OR take the risk that it gets blocked as spam!
- Rename your application file adding your name (Example: Application 2019 – Jenny Smith) and save.
- Write your name in the subject line of your email when sending your application.
- Expect a response from us within 2 weeks. If you don’t hear anything, please contact us.
2020 Voyages - See this schedule
FROM OUR PREVIOUS ADVENTURERS!
The only thing better than going on the Leeuwin... is going on it twice!
It's simply special, exciting, adventurous.