AVAILABLE: NEW SAILING PROGRAM IN 2021
Greatest tall ship adventure for young people
Our Youth Explorer Voyage is a week-long voyage for people aged 14-25 with a sense of adventure! Lifelong friendships will be forged as you work together, grow together and have an enormous amount of fun together. You’ll be amazed at what can happen in just 7-days.
No previous sailing experience is required for any Leeuwin Ocean Adventure voyages.
Where do we go?
The Captain will head out of the harbour and pick the best direction for sailing due to wind and weather conditions. Your family and friends can track the ship’s position and follow along at home:
Destinations are also what make the Youth Explorer special: Albany, Bunbury, Busselton, Geraldton or Monkey Mia. (Note: weather conditions will dictate if a shore day is possible).
Who is it for?
Youth Explorer Voyages are designed for young people aged from 14 to 25.
A day on board
We run a working ship, so during the voyage you will be part of a whole heap of activities, including:
- Setting and furling the sails
- Climbing the masts and working aloft
- Standing watch while sailing through the night
Weather conditions, watch roster and ship positioning affects the schedule so there is never a dull moment.
On the last full day of the voyage it’s over to you. Together, you’ll nominate a relief ship’s crew from within your teams – who has shown leadership, team management skills and capability? It could be you. Test your knowledge and skills and work together to chart the ship’s course to a new anchorage.
Getting on board
To join a voyage:
- Select a voyage from the list below
- Complete a Voyage Registration Form: download here*
- Save the form to your PC. When you click the “More Info” button for any of the open sponsorship options below, the application form will be displayed in your browser. Do not start completing it!, but save it first to your computer.
- Navigate to the folder on your computer where you saved this file.
- Open the PDF file and start completing it. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to do so. Visit Adobe website here and follow the prompt to download and install the free software on your PC.
- Save the PDF file
- Send it:
- Via email, as an attachment; or
- Via post, as a hard copy, to: PO BOX 1100, Fremantle WA 6959
- Submit your application via email, making sure to attach it:
Email your Voyage Registration Form
2021 Youth Explorer and Short Explorer Voyages
2022 Youth Explorer and Short Explorer Voyages - See this schedule
FROM OUR PREVIOUS ADVENTURERS!
The only thing better than going on the Leeuwin... is going on it twice!
It's simply special, exciting, adventurous.