Leeuwin partners with The Fathering Project
Leeuwin Ocean Adventure is proud to announce a new partnership with The Fathering Project.
The Fathering Project is an Australian organisation that aims to improve child development outcomes by engaging and encouraging fathers to be the best they can be. Dads and father-figures have a profound impact on the wellbeing of children and The Fathering Project aims to inspire and equip dads to be there for their kids.
The Fathering Project ‘Dads Group’ Program hosts activities and events throughout the year that are designed to bring dads and kids together in a fun, friendly and supportive environment.
To support The Fathering Project and their fantastic initiatives, Leeuwin Ocean Adventure is hosting two overnight dockside camps for dads and their children (aged 11 years and older) on board STS Leeuwin II.
With the support of the crew on board to facilitate a safe, supportive and incredibly fun environment, fathers and children will enjoy a unique experience and create lifelong memories together on this amazing overnight camp!
There will be two overnight camps:
- November 2019
- April 2020
For more information on The Fathering Project, visit this page or directly download and complete the form:
- Dates: Saturday 9 November – Sunday 10 November 2019 or Saturday 4 April – Sunday 5 April 2020
- Time: 3pm to 8am
- Cost: $135 per person
- Includes: Dinner and breakfast on board
- Schedule: Meet at B Shed in Victoria Quay, Fremantle at 2:45pm for boarding at 3pm to be allocated into watch groups and shown to the cabins. Then it is back on deck for the 4 rotating activity stations where you will work up an appetite before enjoying dinner below in the main saloon. One hour night watch rotations will start after dinner for a fun night of observing what goes on in the port. Rise and shine at 6am for deck warm up games before breakfast and the bump out by 8am
- Location: B Berth, Peter Hughes Drive, Victoria Quay, Fremantle
- Booking: Bookings are accepted on a first come first served basis.