Benefits of the Leeuwin Youth Explorer Voyage include:
- The ability to build their work-ready skills and add to their resume. Communication, leadership, teamwork and collaboration are just a few of the skills employers are looking for.
- A safe and trusted program which has run for over 30 years.
- Voyage participants are able to learn things they wouldn’t normally in the classroom or workplace through experiential learning.
- The opportunity to earn WACE POINTS (see back page).
- Ability to complete the Adventurous or Residential Journey component of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
- The opportunity to earn the Outdoor Adventurous Activity or Pursuit for Venturer Scouts doing the Queen’s Scout Award.
- An invitation to return as a Leeuwin volunteer.
- The chance to explore an interest in a Maritime or Marine Career.
- The ability to make friends outside regular school, university, workplace or sporting groups.
- Proven to improve social confidence for their future.
97.8% of our next of kin contacts would recommend a Leeuwin voyage to a young person.