Shark Bay Explorer
WHEN: 24 April - 28 April 2021
DEPARTS: Monkey Mia
ARRIVAL: Monkey Mia
Adventurous and special
Feeling adventurous? Ready to look at life from a different angle? The Leeuwin Shark Bay Explorer voyage is for you!
This is a unique adventure opportunity – tall ship sailing in Monkey Mia, Shark Bay inscribed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1991 and included on Australia’s National Heritage List in May 2007.
Wind direction and sea conditions guide the week's activities - so expect the unexpected!
This voyage is suitable for adventurers 18 years and over. We run a working ship, so during the voyage expect to be part of hands-on activities:
- Navigating the ship and taking the helm
- Setting and furling the sails
- Climbing the masts and working aloft
- Standing watch while sailing through the night
There’s no such thing as a passenger on board a Leeuwin Ocean Adventure voyage!
Joining the Ship
- Boarding of STS Leeuwin II will take place in Monkey Mia
- Bus travel to and from the ship is arranged by Leeuwin Ocean Adventure, subject to demand.
Credit: Katie Hughes
Shark Bay Explorer 2021
FROM OUR PREVIOUS ADVENTURERS!
“I have done a lot of travelling in my life, but sailing on the STS Leeuwin II was special, a great experience and given the opportunity, I would do it again.”
"Having completed the Open Adventure from Shark Bay last week I found all volunteers and watch leaders incredibly competent and pleasant to work with. No commercial cruise ship would have people of this calibre on board."