WHEN: 2 - 9 June 2019
DEPARTS: Monkey Mia
Adventurous and special
Feeling adventurous? This Leeuwin Open Adventure voyage is for you!
Starting in Monkey Mia, Shark Bay inscribed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1991 and included on Australia’s National Heritage List in May 2007, you will sail south along the infamous Zuytdorp Cliffs towards the equally well known Houtman Abrolhos Islands, a chain of 122 islands and associated coral reefs, to the port of Geraldton.
Wind direction and sea conditions guide the week's activities - so expect the unexpected!
We run a working ship, so during the voyage you will be part of hands-on activities, from:
- Navigating the ship and taking the helm
- Setting and furling the sails
- Climbing the masts and working aloft
- Standing watch while sailing through the night
How to get on board?
Simply complete the application form below.
To facilitate the processing of your application, here are few important tips:
- Forms are in PDF format and can be filled and sent to us without printing them, using the free Acrobat Reader app: download it here.
- Make sure to download the application form on your desktop, and open it using the free Acrobat Reader, before filling it in. Viewing the form in your browser won’t allow you to sign it off and submit!
- Don’t take and email a photo of your application OR take the risk that it gets blocked as spam!
- Rename your application file adding your name (Example: Application 2019 – Jenny Smith) and save.
- Write your name in the subject line of your email when sending your application.
- Expect a response from us within 2 weeks. If you don’t, please contact us.
Joining the Ship
- Boarding of STS Leeuwin II will take place on the evening of 2 June 2019 in Monkey Mia.
- You will be transported to the ship and spend the night on-board.
- The voyage will begin on the morning of 3 June.
- You will disembark in Geraldton on 9 June 2019.
- Bus travel to and from the ship is arranged by Leeuwin Ocean Adventure, subject to demand.
Credit: Stewart Allen
FROM OUR PREVIOUS ADVENTURERS!
“I have done a lot of travelling in my life, but sailing on the STS Leeuwin II was special, a great experience and given the opportunity, I would do it again.”
"Having completed the Open Adventure from Shark Bay last week I found all volunteers and watch leaders incredibly competent and pleasant to work with. No commercial cruise ship would have people of this calibre on board."