WHEN: 12 - 18 March 2019
WHO: Aged 16-25. 20 locals CaLD and 20 locals raised in WA
Leeuwin voyages provide that magical mix of temporary community, unfamiliar environment, and collaborative effort that results in a truly transformational experience for the young people who participate. –Karen Hogg, Fremantle Multicultural Centre
As part of its mission to strengthen our community, the Leeuwin Ocean Adventure is proud to support 20 Western Australians from a CaLD or refugee background to join 20 young people raised in WA to come together and experience a Leeuwin adventure.
All forty participants will be given the opportunity to build relationships through group activities on-board Western Australia’s own tall ship.
For young people raised in WA
Complete the Leeuwin Voyage Application Form, and include a 25% deposit to secure place on-board.
For help raising fund for your voyage, please check our funding tips here.
For new Western Australians
Step 1: Write an expression of interest
It is an important step to ensure that you have a great experience on-board, among other young people. So we need you to write a simple expression of interest telling us about you:
- What is your name
- How old are you?
- Cabins are not mixed, so we need to know your gender.
- Could you share any information about your cultural background?
- Why do you want to join a voyage on STS Leeuwin II? What are your expectations?
- Have you ever had an experience sailing on-board a boat or tall ship?
- Funding information (see below)
Step 2: Funding
- If you are able to fully fund the voyage, simply indicate it in your expression of interest. We will contact you to organise payment.
- If you need to raise funds yourself, please read our funding tips here, and indicate the maximum amount you could cover yourself in your expression of interest. Thanks to the generous support of the McCusker Charitable Foundation, we are able to contribute to a portion of the total cost of a voyage.
- In addition, we offer a variety of sponsorship options here (consider the Sir Frank Ledger Trust, the City of Fremantle or Woodside if you have a direct interest in a Maritime Career)
Note that payment are due by 12 January 2019.
Step 3: Send your expression of interest
Email us here
With the generous support of the McCusker Charitable Foundation
With the help and support from: