Dampier Archipelago Explorer Leeuwin’s 2023 Open Adventurer Voyage
8 - 13 August 2023
6-days and 5 nights
Adventurous and special
Feeling adventurous? Ready to look at life from a different angle? The Leeuwin Dampier Archipelago Explorer voyage is for you!
This is a unique adventure opportunity – tall ship sailing in the extraordinary waters of the Archipelago, anchoring and visiting islands, where Aboriginal artworks will take your breath away.
Wind direction and sea conditions guide the week's activities - so expect the unexpected!
This voyage is suitable for adventurers 18 years and over. We run a working ship, so during the voyage expect to be part of hands-on activities:
- Navigating the ship and taking the helm
- Setting and furling the sails
- Climbing the masts and working aloft
- Standing watch while sailing through the night
There’s no such thing as a passenger on board a Leeuwin Ocean Adventure voyage!
Joining the Ship
- Boarding of STS Leeuwin II will take place in Dampier (transfer to the ship at anchor included)
- Travel to and from Dampier is not included, however there are regular daily flights to Karratha airport.
Take some time to visit the local area while you’re there, including historic Cossack – just an hour out of Karratha.
Dampier Archipelago Explorer
FROM OUR PREVIOUS ADVENTURERS!
“I have done a lot of travelling in my life, but sailing on the STS Leeuwin II was special, a great experience and given the opportunity, I would do it again.”
"On STS Leeuwin II. I found all crew and volunteers incredibly competent and pleasant to work with. No commercial cruise ship would have people of this calibre on board."