WHEN: 3 - 9 December 2018
Future and current university students and young career professionals are welcome to join this voyage and expand their horizons. It is an amazing opportunity for participants to enhance skills in communication, leadership and collaboration. These attributes will stay with participants well after they step ashore and into their future career pathways. This Career Challenge will ensure participants have that little edge on their resume!
The voyage will include:
- Hands-on sailing experience
- Pre and Post voyage discussion
- Onboard meals, safety equipment and wet weather gear
- Forming a network with other young career professionals
- Development of personal confidence
- Sailing into the Northern Gateway of Australia’s South West
- A once in a lifetime opportunity!
The STS Leeuwin II is a working ship, so during the voyage you will be part of hands-on activities, from:
- Navigating the ship and taking the helm
- Setting and furling the sails
- Climbing the masts and working aloft
- Standing watch while sailing through the night
Download an application form and reserve your place onboard today!
Career Challenge Committee
Following each Career Challenge, we invite a group of participants back to join our Career Challenge Committee (CCC). The committee was formed in 2017, and assists the Leeuwin team to promote the event – at university, TAFE, through social media and at local events around Perth. They offer suggestions, provide crucial feedback and meet several times throughout the year to assist in ensuring the Career Challenge is bigger and better every year!