WHEN: 8 – 14 December
Join the Career Challenge Voyage
Future and current university students and young career professionals are welcome to join this voyage and expand their horizons. It is an amazing opportunity for participants to enhance skills in communication, leadership and collaboration. These attributes will stay with participants well after they step ashore and into their future career pathways. This Career Challenge will ensure participants have that little edge on their resume!
The voyage will include:
- Hands-on sailing experience
- Post voyage discussion by fully accredited Relationship Facilitator, Craig Van Waardenburg
- Onboard meals, safety equipment and wet weather gear
- Forming a network with other young career professionals
- Development of personal confidence
- Sailing into the Northern Gateway of Australia’s South West
- A once in a lifetime opportunity!
The STS Leeuwin II is a working ship, so during the voyage you will be part of hands-on activities, from:
- Navigating the ship and taking the helm
- Setting and furling the sails
- Climbing the masts and working aloft
- Standing watch while sailing through the night
Download an application form and reserve your place onboard. The only requirement is a sense of adventure!
Sir Frank Ledger Trust
The Sir Frank Ledger Trust provides scholarships to deserving young people from 14-25 years of age who wish to participate on a Leeuwin voyage.
There are currently two scholarships available for the Career Challenge Voyage. Scholarships from The Sir Frank Ledger Trust cover up to $1,500 leaving $750 (minimum) to be covered by the applicant
or other sponsors.