Thanks to our generous sponsors, Leeuwin Ocean Adventure is able to offer sponsorship support to cover full or part of the voyage fare. Below is an overview of the sponsorship that are currently available. It is worth checking regularly to see if new scholarships have become available or sign up to our monthly newsletter below to receive updates straight to your inbox!
Our most heartfelt thanks that the Leeuwin has provided a chance for our grandson to learn and experience a once in a life time opportunity that we can only hope will open a new door for his future. It will be up to us and him to reap the greatest benefits from the Leeuwin’s graciousness. I will wipe a small tear from my eye and say again, thank you. Boy I cannot wait to see his face when he reads this news.
— Grandparents of scholarship recipient, 2018
Tips for applicants
To facilitate the processing of your sponsorship application, here are few important tips:
- Forms are in PDF format and can be filled and send to us without printing them, using the free Acrobat Reader app: download it here.
- Make sure to download the application form on your desktop, and open it using Acrobat Reader, before filling it in. Viewing the form in your browser won’t allow you to sign it off and submit!
- Don’t take and email a photo of your application or take the risk that it gets blocked as spam!
- Rename your application file adding your name (Example: CBH Application 2018 – Jenny Smith).
- Write your name in the subject line of your email when sending your application.
- Expect a response from us within 2 weeks. If you don’t, please contact us.
Sponsorship for the 2018-2019 period
Criteria for a Woodside Voyage Sponsorship are:
- You must be between 14 and 25 years old
- Reside in Western Australia
- Be interested in a career in the marine environment or the maritime industry
There is such diversity in career choices in the marine and maritime sector, including: marine engineering, naval architect, marine biologist, oceanographer, master mariner as well as jobs in the fishing and tourism industries.
The City of Fremantle generously provides one sponsored place for a young person aged 14-25 to join the Ultimate Challenge from 11-15 March, 2019. This voyage is for youth with a physical, intellectual or sensory limitation.
The applicant must live, work, or attend an educational facility/youth services in the City of Fremantle.
The City of Fremantle is providing a sponsored place on the Future Connect Voyage to a young person aged 16-25.
The applicant must be from a CaLD or refugee background and live, work, or attend an educational facility/youth service in the City of Fremantle.
The City of Fremantle offers two sponsored places for young people aged 14-25 to join Youth Explorer Voyage 1818.
The applicant must live, work, or attend an educational facility/youth service in the City of Fremantle.
Through the Sir Frank Ledger Trust, part-sponsored places are aimed at youth aged 14-25 needing financial assistance to join a Leeuwin voyage.
CBH sponsored places are specifically for young people from grain-growing and handling regions.
Please refer to the application form for more details.