Geraldton School Sail
This June, the STS Leeuwin II has two available voyages for Geraldton youth.
Whilst we are in town, the crew will be running an exclusive 3-hour School Sail for interested youth to catch a glimpse of what a week-long voyage is all about.
The Leeuwin has offered each of the local high schools places on this experience, and students are selected through each school. If you are interested in getting onboard, contact your Student Services Officer at your high school.
DATE: Thursday 15 June 9am – 12pm
Passengers will assemble at 8.00am in the car park behind the Mid West Ports Authority building (298 Marine Terrace, Geraldton WA 6530) – one hour prior to ship departure. A Leeuwin representative/s will meet you there. The STS Leeuwin II (ship) will be alongside in the Port and following registration, a bus will transfer all passengers to the ship. The last bus will leave the car park at 8.30am – if you miss the bus, you miss the boat!
DURING THE SAIL
- Everyone will participate fully in the running of the ship throughout the sail and directions issued by the crew need to be actioned at all times.
- Students under 14 will only be allowed to climb out to the bowsprit and will not be able to go aloft on the masts.
- Our new Program Facilitator and volunteers will talk you through the purpose of the Leeuwin Foundation, activities the crew are involved in and give you a tour of the ship.
WHAT TO BRING
- Enclosed footwear must be worn (no thongs)
- Drink bottle
- School uniform is to be worn (no skirts or dresses)
- Warm jacket/ coat in case of cooler winds
Click here to view some more Frequently Asked Questions specific to our Geraldton sail.